Friday, October 26, 2007

Saw IV

Very interesting serious of movies. I admit it, I'm a saw addict. Last night I went to a saw marathon starting from the beginning and culminating in the midnight showing of Saw IV. Anyway, there are some interesting quotes:

"Congratulations. You are still alive. Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore."

" Live or die, make your choice. "

"Those that do not cherish life do not deserve life."

Sounds creepy, I know. But, what is Jigsaw, ultimately? He is a premature eugenicist. He's culling the population of undesirables who don't want to live. Because think about it. In our modern welfare state it is easy to live. People do not have to struggle to survive. Hence dysgenics. But, what if you created someone who made people struggle in order to stay alive?

Anyway, a movie. A little gory, but that's ok. Some people need to be reminded that the human body is just a biological machine.

I <3 moral ambiguity.

No comments: